I am still mourning the loss of my beloved Domino Magazine (and I am sure many others are still shedding tears over the pages torn out of the inspirational publication) but it is time to move forward and hopefully carry on the mission that Domino set out to accomplish from the very beginning:
We started with a real idea—that style is for everyone—and tried to carry it out with stories that provide inspiration and empower you to act on it. (From DominoMag.com)
Now it is up to design bloggers to create content that inspires readers and gives them the tools to create spaces that they can be proud of and that give them joy.
Domino published their manifesto in the premiere issue of the magazine. The manifesto is as follows:
- Home Should Make You Happy!
- We swear by the 3 R's: repaint, repaper, reupholster
- Steal ideas from other people's houses
- Even the insides of the closets & cabinets can be beautiful
- It's ok to NOT BE finished
- TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS—ALWAYS!
- A chandelier is as timeless as a black dress
- Renters need not be second class citizens
- Sometimes your mistakes become your greatest inspirations
- DON'T BE AFRAID TO MIX STYLES (Louis XIV and Eero Saarinen should hang out more often)
- When traveling, skip the snapshot and buy something unique for the coffee table
- HAVE FUN!
I, for one, am up for the challenge.
Keep checking back for posts featuring aspirational designs with tips on how you can achieve the look for less (which is something I am sure all of us are thinking about these days), party planning tips and tricks, etiquette advice, and more.